What you get on the courses & workshops
- practical guidance and help
with various aspects of writing
- creative approaches
for your own writing and activities to try ideas out
– not formulae
- real-life teaching & discussion,
not online lessons or videos
- small, personal classes:
maximum 12 students, so I can give everyone personal
- feedback on your writing: individual
feedback on 3 2000-word assignments across the Story Elements
course; 2 2000-word assignments on the Imaginary Worlds course and Starting Points course; 2 poetry assignments on the Poetry course
- handy little booklets with a summary
of each session's learning-points and activities (colour-coded,
- a wealth of original activities
designed specifically for the courses and workshops to apply to
your own writing
- story plans: in the
final class of the Story Elements course, we share out the
"Plot Bank" so everyone leaves with rich,
developed stories to work on and a sheaf of ideas; on the Imaginary Worlds course, you develop at least
two stories with potential for a host more.
- qualified, experienced teacher
with 6000+ hours of teaching experience
- grapes, biscuits, tea & coffee
to sustain you while we work!
for more info or to book a place.
What my students say
- "The course is a pleasure week after week."
- "I never expected the course to make me laugh. It's been fun, funny, far more helpful than
I'd anticipated, very stimulating and really inspiring. Plus it's helped me take my writing more seriously."
- "Really loving time spent with the group and the course is everything I expected and more."
- "I love having people to speak to about writing and being able to speak to someone experienced in the field. Also, having a reason to write every week (rather than just for me) makes it easier to set time aside."
- "Genuinely have had a fantastic and stimulating time on this course. I think the online description is very accurate - all the emphasis is on the creative process and not the painful writing bit - which becomes about capturing the ideas - very freeing!"
- "I've really enjoyed the social aspect of the group, as it's the first time I've been able to socialise with people who are as interested in writing as I am."
- "I have attended several writing workshops over the years and this one-day workshop was by far the most enjoyable and useful. "
- "I can't recommend this course enough. Megan is a great teacher and the structure of the Story Elements course really gets into the important part of writing a novel - storytelling. "
Read more student feedback and Daily Info reviews here.
All courses are held in Wolvercote,
Oxford. Parking is available & it's an easy
bus route from town on the Number 6.
me to book
your place or for more details.